Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Favorite Cache of the Week / August 15 - 21, 2011

Okay, so now that I am more caught up I'll allow myself to return to a 'weekly' theme. August was such a busy, busy month.

On August 20th Groundspeak held a Geocaching Block Party in Seattle. The event was very (almost exactly) like the event they held last year after GeoWoodstock. The only major difference was the addition of 'challenges' to get the puzzle piece souvenir. Challenges don't interest me at all but icons do. I want the icon.

So, Tim took me down to the airport early Saturday morning and I got on the flight just fine. Took the Seattle light rail to a bus and voila! I'm at the party. Mingle around a little bit, see a few people I know, checked out the challenge thingee, sign the log book and back on another bus and the light rail again. Easy peasy, right?

Except I get bumped from the flight home. (My flight benefits are for standby status.) Then I try for a flight to Charlotte and one to Philadelphia. No go. It's a long night on a Sea-Tac bench for me. It wasn't too bad but by no means great either.

I get checked in for the 5:30 a.m. flight to Phoenix and it doesn't look good for anyone. I didn't get on and a bunch of other stand-bys didn't either. I'm starting to think it could be a looong time before I get out of Seattle. But the next flight to Phoenix I was very, very, and I mean very lucky and got home.

The icon was worth it.

No comments: