Sunday, January 18, 2009

Found my 3400th cache yesterday and it was a pretty cool one too! What About BOB? is a cache that has been around for a while (Hidden: 9/4/2006) but for whatever reason or non-reason I had never looked for it. *SPOILER* It is a lock'n'lock container magnetized and hidden under a stairway/walkway going over the train tracks to the Bank One Ballbark (now changed to Chase Field after the merger between Chase and Bank One). If you find yourself in the downtown Phoenix area I would recommend both finding this cache as well as checking out a Diamondback's game even if you are not a baseball fan. The stadium is pretty cool. I was there on opening day covering the festivities for the Tucson Citizen and took my girl scout troop to watch a game once as well. Both times I was very impressed with the stadium and experience.

Another cache I enjoyed finding yesterday in downtown Phoenix was
LANmarked. Although it is 45' off, the area is interesting and there are many different levels the cache could be plus it is a fairly busy area. The container is amusing too! I rounded out the run in the area with some other fairly standard urban hides: MES, a micro in a parking lot; Max's Hood, a regular sized container outside an apartment complex; and Rio Salado #1, a nice version of the standard electical plate cover made by a new and seemingly enthusiastic cacher in our area Mac Hammer. Thanks!

Earlier in the day I went for a hike in the Papago Park area and got a DNF off my list.
Rocky Top Continued has a checkered past but was actually a nice hide. Last time we were there I did some bouldering looking for the cache whileTrizumi! spotted but obviously this was not necessary to make the find! I walked around a bit and checked out the nearby reservior which was completely drained. Very odd but interesting to see it with no water. I had heard there was good fishing to be had here, but not today ;)

Oh! and on Friday I left work for a bit and got two other caches in the area,
All For Naught and Go Fish. I rarely if ever do "lunchtime" caches but the weather is so nice this time of year I might do it more often!

No comments: