Friday, December 19, 2008

3200th Geocache Found

I'm not one to get all excited about milestone caches. I don't work toward a number goal by such and such a date or pick out some special cache to celebrate the find. I do however understand these milestones have significance to others, including my geocaching partner / boyfriend extraordinaire Trizumi!. So I hovered next to 3200 for a couple of days waiting around for him to come over last night.

Now normally Trizumi! refuses to cache at night but since it was a milestone cache to be sought he agreed to go. I picked my closest unfound cache, Twin Peaks, and off we went into the darkness with a promise to cute kitty of a Happy Meal. The cache is located in the parking lot of the Tilted Kilt in Tempe. Needless to say the place was packed :) A couple of guys were hanging about thier vehicle but I was sure I could provide adequate coverage with the sedan and pulled right up to ground zero. Trizumi! hopped out the passenger side and looked in the first obvious spot and then the second spot and there ya are: find #3200! (more about this cache later in this blog entry).

There happened to be another couple of new caches nearby and since I needed to check on my cache Desert Hummingbird, well.... why not go get those other new ones, huh?

So after checking on my cache (which was all good and fine - left a geocoin for the next finder) we
made the short drive down the street to Mac Hammer's Desert Breeze #1. Thankfully the soccer players were just leaving and Trizumi! was able to palm the cache and walk away without causing alarm. After signing the log, cute kitty and I distracted the nearby players while Trizumi! replaced the cache. I was glad to see more caches placed in Desert Breeze as it is one of my favorite parks. Next we went on to Snow Miser - Heat Miser where my GPS had me off into the bushes but after a minute we thought about better places it may be and Trizumi! went straight for it. Three for three! Not too shabby for someone who does not like night caching. Signed the log and then it was time to pay up on the promise of the chicken McNuggets. On the way to McDonald's Trizumi! said he knew I was going to stop by Man's Favorite Toy Shop (again) so there was no need to be coy about it. hee-hee. He knows me too well. One last cache of this quick night excursion to 3200.

Ok now about the Twin Peaks cache. After we got home and I was logging my finds. I find out our friend GeoRaptor was there too and didn't recognize us in the dark! Sorry we missed seeing him, here is his log on the cache.

Well, that's it for our night caching adventure and my milestone of 3200 caches found. Happy caching!

No comments: