Sunday, December 21, 2008

Karmic Puncture Wound

Yesterday morning was so cold, in the low 40s, but cute kitty and I went to our favorite croissant shop for breakfast anyway. She had a huge peanut butter croissant which I'm guessing was pretty darn good because she only shared a tiny morsel and half of my sausage and egg with pepper jack breakfast croissant. She did not get any of my grande latte however ;)

While enjoying breakfast, I called Trizumi! to see about the plan for the day. He wanted to do some holiday shopping at Fry's electronics and other various destinations so we made plans to meet at my house. Since cute kitty and I were already out and about we decided to find a couple of caches while waiting for Trizumi! We went over to Mac's Second Hammer for a quick find by cute kitty with retrival by me. The reason this cache is called Mac's Second Hammer is because Mac's First Hammer was objected to by a local cacher as it was placed in an area designated for homeowner's use only. I'm glad Mac Hammer was not put off by the policing and continues to place new caches, as the next nearest unfound cache was another placed "him" so off we went!


We parked .25 away at the skate park so cute kitty could check it out but a skater boy was already there. We walked across the empty soccer fields in the hope he would leave by the time we got back from finding Mac Hammer's Legacy Tower. This cache is placed near the old Goodyear Tire water tower that I thought was scheduled to be torn down a while ago. I was glad to see it was still here and that a cacher thought it was cool enough to warrant a cache placement :) Although the area is a sports complex now, it was once all cotton fields and it's nice to have one remaining icon from that era. After signing the log we walked back to the car and much to cute kitty's chagrin, two more skateboarding boys were using the skate park. Also, by now Trizumi! was sitting in the driveway of my house wondering where I was and why that location was not where I said I would be. I said we were only a couple of minutes away and would meet him at Fry's. I checked my GPSr and figured I had time for one more new cache since it was kinda sorta on the way.


Arizona Tales: The Man Who Killed Santa Claus is a pretty straight-forward 1/1 and cute kitty went right in to retrieve it. Her pant got caught on a palm frond barb and I went into the bush-like trees to free her. She came out because she had enough of that garbage and I went in to grab the ammo can. I stood and received a puncture wound to the top of my forehead from one of those very sharp barbs. After backing out I touched my head and my hand was covered in blood. Blood started running down my face and I could see cute kitty staring at me with wide eyes. She was so good and did not panic at all, she went to the car and got a napkin so I could put a compress to the wound. She then wanted to call 911 but I had the phone. I was very proud of her reaction and told her how great she is! While waiting for the bleeding to stop I called Trizumi! to tell him since I had an injury I was running a little behind schedule. He was not impressed and asked why I has stopped for another cache when I knew he was waiting on me. No sympathy. When the bleeding stopped and I went back in to get the cache ;) We signed the log and went on our way to holiday shopping.

No comments: