Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Replacement Cache

Trizumi! and I went to the cache, My Favorite Drinking Hole #34, last Saturday and found a bison tube with a piece of cardboard inside with 4-5 signatures. We signed the "log" and went on our way. When I logged online I mentioned the status of the cache as we had found it:

December 20 by Black_Cat (3213 found) Hmmm.. where Trizumi! and I found the cache it could definately not been seen from 10 feet away and it had a makeshift log (piece of folded cardboard garbage) with 5 or so signatures on it. Wondering if this is the cache or if there is another one nearby??? Either way, thanks for the cache!

The cache owner went out to check the status of his cache and what we found was not it! The true cache is there - wierd. I'm glad I posted the condition of the cache in my log as he was able to go out and remove the fake one.

My Favorite Drinking Hole#34 I was concerned about the cardboard log so I went by to check on the cache. I hate to say but that was not the cache. Someone placed another container with a board for a log. The really cache and log was just 3 feet away. I have removed the other container. Ok to count the find.

I wish people would not automatically assume that if they cannot find the cache then of course it is not there. And why waste a bison tube? I changed my "found it" to a "note." Maybe we will make it back by there someday.

No comments: